While there are a wide variety of sleep trackers on the market, the 'SleepPhones' are the only wearable device that can tell when you are lucid dreaming. As a result, you can now track your dreams in addition to other sleep patterns.
Upon first glance, the SleepPhones simply appear to be a pair of soft headphones that are comfortable enough for sleeping in. However, the unassuming headphones are also equipped with a set of accelerometers and a tiny Bluetooth transceiver that allows the device to double as a sleep tracker. The headphones work by tracking a user's movements as they snooze and learning their sleep patterns over time. In turn, this data allows the headphones to switch on music when it senses that a user is in a deep-sleep. The idea is that hearing the music may cause users to recognize their dreamy state and go lucid.
Beyond its applications for lucid dreaming, the SleepPhones provide an excellent way for users to track their sleep patterns over time or simply listen to music more comfortably in bed.
The 'SleepPhones' Were Unveiled at CES 2016
1. Lucid Dream-tracking Headsets - Developing headsets that can accurately track sleep patterns and detect when a user is lucid dreaming provides an opportunity to enhance sleep therapy and dream analysis.
2. Wearable Sleep Monitoring Devices - Creating advanced wearable devices for tracking sleep patterns is an opportunity for the sleep industry to improve sleep quality and increase awareness about sleep health.
3. Smart Headphones for Sleep Therapy - Incorporating music or sound therapy into sleep headphones can create a new market for relaxation and stress relief products, enhancing the sleep industry's scope.
1. Sleep Health - Developing new lucid dream sensing devices and tracking technologies can revolutionize the way people monitor their sleep, opening up opportunities for advanced therapies that could aid sleep apnea and insomnia patients.
2. Music and Entertainment - Incorporating music and sound therapy into sleep headphones can create a new market for relaxation and stress relief products, enhancing the music and entertainment industry's scope.
3. Research and Development - Lucid-dream-sensing headphones and sleep tracking devices represent a new frontier in sleep research, providing an exciting opportunity for researchers to develop new methods for analyzing sleep patterns and brain activity.