'SleekSpeak' was designed by David Meisenholder as an alternative to earbuds when biking. Listening to music while biking can be enjoyable but having earbuds in doesn't work because they often fall out. Wearing earbuds can also be dangerous as one is unable to hear oncoming traffic.
Meisenholder's product is a wireless speaker that one can attach to their handlebars. The speaker uses Bluetooth to play songs off of one's smarthphone and the sound is powerful enough so that one can actually hear it clearly while riding. To attach it to the handle, one simply straps it on using the silicon rubber band and can remove it once they reach their destination.
This invention is currently on Kickstarter and is looking for funding.
SleekSpeak Lets You Listen Without Earbuds as You Ride
1. Wireless Bicycle Audio - Opportunity to design wireless, weather-resistant and durable speakers specifically for outdoor sports enthusiasts.
2. Smartphone Bluetooth Technology - Opportunity to develop Bluetooth technology that can link on multiple devices and deliver a seamless listening experience while cycling.
3. Smart Bicycle Speaker Attachment - Opportunity to create a range of versatile attachment options for outdoor enthusiasts to encourage broader use and appeal of this technology.
1. Cycling - Opportunity for cycling brands and manufacturers to integrate wireless audio technology into their products to offer customers a more immersive cycling experience.
2. Outdoor Sports - Opportunity for outdoor sports brands and manufacturers to develop a range of weather-resistant audio gear catering to the wide range of outdoor activities and sports that require handsfree audio listening.
3. Consumer Electronics - Opportunity to develop cutting-edge Bluetooth audio technology that can be used in a range of consumer electronics and outdoor gear providing users with a seamless audio experience on-the-go.