Romina Cortellucci, a former Editorial Intern at Trend Hunter, adores skateboard culture and, more specifically, an Austrian skateboarder's DIY skateboard house project. She recently sat down with Trend Hunter to discuss this intriguing trend as well as opening up about her particular fondness for Australian mockumentary Summer Heights High. Romina dishes about her time at Trend Hunter and offers some wise words to businesses, which is pertinent for both today and the future.
What is your favorite trend and why?
My favorite trend is DIY houses. I really like this skateboard house, which is great for all skateboard enthusiasts. It's this Austrian skateboarder that took this massive abandoned hunting lodge with the help of Red Bull and made it into a skate park. Now, he made the coolest skateboarding spot in Europe, if not the world. I really like skateboarders cause they are really awesome and cool.
What is your secret to uncovering trends?
My secret to uncovering the best trends is to click on something and then click on another and then another, which basically makes a little chain of clicking on things until I find something really cool.
What is your advice to the business world?
My advice to the business world is to keep making things as customizable as possible because I think people really want to add an individual and personal touch to their products. They want something that screams them, not what screams everyone else.
What are the remarkable ways that businesses are changing?
The most remarkable way that businesses are changing is they are becoming more eco-friendly. More companies are trying to make products that are beneficial for us and beneficial for the world because we've pretty much destroyed most of it, so we have to go up from there.
What is your favorite part about working at Trend Hunter?
My favorite part about working at Trend Hunter is that it is very postiive. Everyone wants you to succeed and surpass your expectations. I am consistently challenging myself and challenging others to do better.
What's your favorite accomplishment?
My favorite accomplishment is very personal to me. I love to quote Summer Heights High. This is a quote from Mr.G, the drama teacher, which is my personal favorite character, "Welcome to Mr.G's room, G's room, G's room, welcome to Mr.G's room, come inside...and take your shoes off."
Predict something awesome for 2020?
The two trends that I see upcoming in the future is 3D printing, which is on the rise.
Any final thoughts?
Trend Hunter is one of the coolest places to visit online because it shows off amazing things that people have been doing. It also has a lot of cool things in between that you wouldn't know about if you didn't come to the site, which makes it pretty awesome.
Cortellucci Unveils a Dream Skateboard House
1. DIY Houses - The trend of DIY houses opens up an opportunity for businesses to provide customizable and modular housing solutions.
2. Eco-friendly Products - More businesses are creating eco-friendly products which opens up a disruptive innovation opportunity for sustainable and ethical product design.
3. 3D Printing - The upcoming trend of 3D printing presents an opportunity for businesses to innovate in the areas of custom manufacturing and cost-effective prototyping.
1. Real Estate - The DIY house trend has the potential to disrupt the real estate industry by offering a customizable and affordable alternative to traditional housing.
2. Product Design - The trend towards eco-friendly products provides an opportunity for businesses to design and create products with a sustainable and ethical approach.
3. Manufacturing - The emergence of 3D printing presents a disruptive innovation opportunity for businesses to innovate in the areas of prototyping, custom manufacturing, and supply chain management.