A meat truck installation from street artist Banksy called 'Sirens of the Lambs' is rolling through the 2014 Glastonbury Festival. Previously seen in the streets of New York City last October, the crying stuffed animal-filled truck drives through the UK music festival during meal times to represent animals being taken to the slaughterhouse.
The UK debut of 'Sirens of the Lambs' will roll through "all corners" of Glastonbury, featuring squeaking and crying plushies and puppeteer-operated animal puppets. In April 2014 an illustration of the Meat Truck appeared on Banksy's website without any further information, making its way onto apparel, prints and other paraphernalia. This incarnation of the Meat Truck uses an authentic truck from Somerset Farm with "25% more added terror."
Banksy's Sirens of the Lambs Features Squeaking Toys Off to Slaughter
1. Crying Stuffie Installations - Creating immersive art installations that evoke emotions through the use of crying stuffed animals and puppeteer-operated animal puppets.
2. Street Art Activism - Using street art as a medium to raise awareness about social and political issues, such as animal rights and the meat industry.
3. Mobile Art Experiences - Bringing art to unexpected locations and audiences by utilizing mobile installations, like the meat truck used in Banksy's 'Sirens of the Lambs'.
1. Art and Design - Opportunities for artists and designers to create thought-provoking installations that push boundaries and spark conversations.
2. Animal Rights Advocacy - Innovative approaches to raise awareness and promote animal rights, using unconventional mediums and public spaces.
3. Event and Festival Planning - Integrating interactive and immersive art experiences into events and festivals to enhance attendee engagement and create a memorable experience.