Burger King opened a first-of-its-kind silent drive-thru in Finland, officially called the 'Silent Pick Drive.' This drive-thru in the capital and largest city, Helsinki, gives customers the ability to order, pay and pick up their meal without the need for verbal communication or waiting.
According to Toni Flyckt, marketing director of Burger King Finland, "Many Finns are, in fact, private and shy people who don’t particularly enjoy of having any conversation with someone we are unfamiliar with. Even while picking up their food."
The introduction of the Silent Pick Drive in Finland has the potential to reshape the future of drive-thrus in the country, as well as globally, as the way consumers order and receive their food is rapidly being transformed with technology.
Burger King's 'Silent Pick Drive' Requires No Verbal Communication
1. Silent Drive-thrus - The concept has the potential to be implemented by fast food chains globally, providing an alternative to traditional drive-thrus.
2. Voice Recognition Technology - Burger King's Silent Pick Drive uses voice recognition technology- a trend that could revolutionize the entire fast food industry.
3. Contactless Ordering - Contactless ordering and payment options could become the standard for fast food establishments moving forward, thanks to silent drive-thrus.
1. Fast Food - The fast food industry can capitalize on this trend by integrating voice recognition technology and contactless ordering and payment options, thereby improving the customer experience.
2. Technology - There is an opportunity for technology companies to innovate and develop new solutions that can be used in silent drive-thrus, such as facial recognition technology or biometric sensors.
3. Automotive - With silent drive-thrus, there is potential for automotive manufacturers to integrate voice assistant technology into their vehicles, creating a seamless experience for customers.