To coincide with International Women's Day, Barbie has announced that its expanding its Shero line - a collection of dolls modeled after influential and empowering female role models - to include 17 new faces.
Olympic snowboarder Chloe Kim stands alongside journalist Martyna Wojciechowska, soccer player Sara Gama and actress and philanthropist Xiaotong Guan in this new and empowering collection. In addition to the faces of 14 modern women, this project also celebrates three powerful women throughout history, including Amelia Earhart and Frida Kahlo.
The brand is encouraging consumers to share stories of women who inspire them using the #MoreRoleModels tag on social media. The dolls will be available for purchase within the next few months.
Image Credit: BARBIE
Barbie Has Expanded Its Shero Collection to Feature 17 New Women
1. Empowering Doll Collections - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Creating more diverse and inclusive doll collections that inspire and empower children.
2. Celebrating Influential Women - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Developing products and initiatives that highlight the achievements and contributions of women throughout history.
3. Crowdsourcing Inspiration - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Leveraging social media to crowdsource stories and ideas that shape products and engage consumers in a meaningful way.
1. Toy Industry - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Rethinking traditional toy offerings and creating more inclusive and diverse options that reflect the values and aspirations of modern consumers.
2. Entertainment Industry - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Integrating more diverse and empowering representations of women in movies, TV shows, and other forms of entertainment to inspire and engage audiences.
3. Social Media Industry - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Developing platforms and campaigns that encourage meaningful conversations, storytelling, and crowd engagement around empowerment and inclusivity.