Unlimited reading subscription service Scribd is introducing Scribd Originals as a way for readers to connect with exclusive content from best-selling authors. Subscribers will be able to access these exclusive Scribd Originals in the form of ebooks and audiobooks that can only be experienced on Scribd's platform.
The first Scribd Original comes from award-winning political reporter and bestselling author Garrett Graff, and more content is set to be shared soon from others like Roxane Gay, Mark Seal and Paul Theroux. Scribd Originals are said to span genres and offer reads that "don't have a place in the traditional publishing marketplace," as they fall somewhere between magazines and full-length books.
While this new offering from Scribd gives readers the chance to devour more content from their favorite authors, it also gives authors a unique way to tell stories in the digital age.
Scribd Originals Gives Access to Experimental Content from Authors
1. Exclusive Content Subscription - Scribd Originals introduces a new trend of exclusive content subscriptions, providing readers with access to experimental content from best-selling authors.
2. Hybrid Publishing - Scribd Originals highlights the emerging trend of hybrid publishing, bridging the gap between magazines and full-length books.
3. Digital Storytelling Experience - Scribd Originals taps into the trend of providing a unique digital storytelling experience for both readers and authors.
1. E-book & Audiobook Subscription - The exclusive content subscription trend of Scribd Originals presents disruptive innovation opportunities for the e-book and audiobook subscription industry.
2. Publishing - The hybrid publishing trend showcased by Scribd Originals provides disruptive innovation opportunities for the publishing industry to explore new formats and content offerings.
3. Digital Platforms - The digital storytelling experience trend brought forth by Scribd Originals opens up disruptive innovation opportunities for digital platforms aiming to enhance reader and author interactions.