This extremely creative animated commercial celebrates the 60th birthday of Scrabble. Scrabble is the most sold letter game ever with 100 millions of boxes sold throughout 121 countries in 29 languages.
‘The Beautiful Word’ campaign tries to introduce the iconic game to this new world where everything is fast and driven by electronic media.
The principle of the campaign, according to ad agency OGILVY & MATHER Paris, is as follows: “Different words accidentally encounter during a Scrabble game, giving by chance birth to a world as unexpected as enchanting. Picture a board of Scrabble at the end of a game: words that have nothing to do with each other are crossing and overlapping, to the point that they sometimes tell a crazy story ! Our creative idea is to turn this fabulous potential into images. Everything will be executed by different illustrators, in order to come out with the best diversity in the possibilities offered by SCRABBLE.”
Scrabble ‘The Beautiful Word' Campaign
1. Creative Animated Ads - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Explore new ways to engage and captivate audiences through animated advertisements.
2. Revitalizing Iconic Games - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Find creative ways to reintroduce classic games into the modern digital world.
3. Collaborative Illustration Campaigns - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Foster collaborations between illustrators to bring diverse and unexpected visual storytelling experiences.
1. Advertising - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Utilize innovative storytelling techniques to create captivating advertising campaigns.
2. Gaming - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Explore ways to bridge the gap between traditional board games and digital gaming experiences.
3. Art and Design - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Encourage cross-disciplinary collaborations to create unique and visually stunning artistic campaigns.