Honeybees, an insect responsible for more than 40 percent of the nation's food supply, face threats like never before, and in an effort to raise awareness and support the endangered pollinators, Kettle Ridge Farm has launched a bee-saving initiative -- the 'Save the Bees, Please!' campaign.
The effort is a community-supported agriculture initiative that will set up bee-friendly sites to increase the population of honeybees. To raise funds and awareness, Kettle Ridge Farms is selling ultra-chic bee-themed shirts in bright yellow and charcoal gray that state "save the bees, please!" in a funky vintage text.
Supporters can also purchase seed bombs that are made from recycled paper sourced from local elementary schools that consumers can plant in their own backyards to help their native population of honeybees. Other bee-friendly products that can be purchased to support the campaign include honey and beeswax candles.
Kettle Ridge Farm Launched the 'Save The Bees, Please!' Initiative
1. Bee Conservation - Opportunity for companies to develop innovative solutions and initiatives aimed at supporting the conservation of honeybees.
2. Community-supported Agriculture - Potential for businesses to explore community-supported agriculture models as a means to promote sustainable farming practices and bee-friendly environments.
3. Eco-friendly Consumer Products - Disruptive innovation opportunities exist for companies to create and market eco-friendly products, such as seed bombs and bee-themed apparel, that support bee conservation efforts.
1. Agriculture - The agriculture industry can explore new farming methods and technologies that prioritize the preservation of honeybees and their habitats.
2. Fashion - Fashion companies can embrace sustainable and eco-friendly practices by designing and selling apparel that raises awareness and funds for bee-saving campaigns.
3. Consumer Goods - Consumer goods companies can develop and market bee-friendly products, such as honey and beeswax candles, that align with the growing demand for eco-conscious and socially responsible choices.