The Sand Family collection boasts a series of furniture designs inspired by the ancient mysteries and beauty of the Egyptian desert. Specifically drawing on the pyramids of Giza, the designs may look surprisingly modern, but they boast an alabaster finish that is meant to reflect sunlight during even the darkest of nights.
Designed by Robert Giacomucci for EMPORIUM, the Sand Family collection is made up of MayaBay, a sideboard, Varadero, a media console, Waikiki, stackable modules, Boracay, a set of floating shelves, Cancun, a multipurpose storage unit and Cayococo, a clothes hanger. As their names suggest, the Sand Family appears to be inspired by more than Egyptian landscapes. Minimal and stylish, the designs would be great in virtually any setting.
Sand Family by Robert Giacomucci References Deserts and Pyramids
1. Egyptian-inspired Furniture - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create a line of furniture inspired by ancient cultures, combining traditional design with modern functionality.
2. Alabaster Finish - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop innovative finishing techniques for furniture that reflect light and create a unique aesthetic.
3. Minimal and Stylish Designs - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Design furniture that blends minimalism and style, appealing to a wide range of consumers.
1. Furniture Design - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Introduce innovative concepts and materials into furniture design, inspired by ancient cultures and unique finishing techniques.
2. Home Decor - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create a line of home decor products that draw inspiration from ancient civilizations, offering a unique and distinctive style option for consumers.
3. Interior Design - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Incorporate Egyptian-inspired furniture and minimalist designs into interior design concepts, creating modern and elegant living spaces.