Entertainment is a huge part for the successful retail experience for kids and Camp — a toy store in New York, is a testimony of how crucial it is for businesses to boost activities that are "fun and Instagrammable."
Camp is deemed to engage in a retail approach that is "wholly different from that of the now-defunct Toys R Us." The company boasts a total of 10,000 square feet that accommodates a variety of engaging opportunities — from toy displays and educational workshops to interactive areas and branded in-store activations. One of Camp's stronger projects involves collaborating with other brands. For example, the retail experience for kids is embellished through the incorporation of a "secret moving wall" that conceals a customizable area. Running until March 15th, the space is occupied by MasterCard who sponsored a summer-camp experience for the children. In addition, holders of MasterCard had the ability to enjoy free gift wrapping and a toy surprise. This customizable area is said to change every eight to 12 weeks.
Camp is a Highly Active and Immersive Retail Experience for Kids
1. Experiential Retail - Creating immersive and interactive retail experiences for customers, especially children, can drive engagement and increase sales.
2. Collaborative Brand Partnerships - Collaborating with other brands to enhance the retail experience can create unique and memorable moments for customers.
3. Customizable Retail Spaces - Designing retail spaces that can be easily transformed or customized on a regular basis allows for fresh and exciting experiences for customers.
1. Toy Retail - Toy retailers can leverage experiential and collaborative approaches to attract and retain customers in a competitive market.
2. Entertainment - The entertainment industry can explore partnerships with retailers to create immersive experiences that drive customer engagement and brand loyalty.
3. Payment Solutions - Payment solution providers, like MasterCard, can sponsor and enhance experiential retail experiences to showcase their products and offer added value to customers.