This summer, Starbucks' Red Bean Green Tea Frappuccino is back in Hong Kong, this time with a new companion—the Red Bean Green Tea Muffin.
Green is not a color that people typically like to find on their food, although some do make exceptions for things like green tea and matcha-flavored drinks. Although red bean desserts are quite popular in Asia, Westerners might not feel the same way, especially since adding sweetened red beans to the mix color-wise doesn't make for a very appetizing looking frappuccino. However, the unusual combination of flavors is said to go quite well together and this Starbucks drink is sure to be a refreshing way to cool off this summer in Hong Kong.
Starbucks is Serving Up Red Bean Green Tea Frappuccinos in Hong Kong
1. Green Tea Frappuccinos - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Exploring unique flavor combinations and incorporating traditional ingredients into popular beverages.
2. Red Bean Desserts - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Introducing culturally popular desserts to Western markets and adapting them to local preferences.
3. Colorful Food and Beverage - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Pushing the boundaries of traditional food aesthetics and creating visually captivating culinary experiences.
1. Food and Beverage - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Experimenting with unconventional ingredient pairings and adapting international flavors to cater to diverse consumer tastes.
2. Hospitality - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Introducing unique and culturally inspired menu items to enhance the overall customer experience and differentiate from competitors.
3. Cultural Exchange - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Facilitating cross-cultural exploration by bringing together traditional flavors from different regions and making them accessible to a global audience.