Fashion often trumps form when it comes to home decor, but the Durodeco Purl Settee identifies what can be done to merge the two for a design-conscious yet comfortable living space.
The furniture concept was developed by design studio co-founders Michael Dunham and Rachel Robinson, and features a frosted glass base with cherry wood frame accents. This creates the illusion that the furniture piece if floating, while chunky knit padding adds visual texture that is also quite comfortable for make it perfect for lounging on in the morning or evening.
The Durodeco Purl Settee identifies a shift towards furniture solutions for the home that create a sense of balance between the latest trends and comfort to make the most of all available space.
Image Credit: Durodeco
The Durodeco Purl Settee is Paired with Chunky Knit Padding
1. Fashion-form Fusion - The Durodeco Purl Settee showcases the trend of merging fashion and form in home decor, creating design-conscious yet comfortable living spaces.
2. Illusionary Furniture - The floating appearance of the Durodeco Purl Settee highlights the trend of creating furniture pieces that give the illusion of defying gravity.
3. Textured Comfort - The chunky knit padding of the Durodeco Purl Settee exemplifies the trend of incorporating visual texture into furniture designs to provide both comfort and style.
1. Home Furnishings - The home furnishings industry can explore opportunities to create furniture pieces that merge fashion and form, as seen in the Durodeco Purl Settee.
2. Interior Design - Interior designers can take inspiration from the illusionary furniture trend and incorporate floating furniture designs, such as the Durodeco Purl Settee, to create visually appealing spaces.
3. Textile Manufacturing - Textile manufacturers can capitalize on the trend of textured comfort by creating chunky knit fabrics that provide both visual texture and comfort for furniture padding.