While many puberty books for girls are introduced to them by their mothers, tampon manufacturer o.b. created a book that's designed to bring fathers and daughters together.
In Sweden, fathers tend to spend considerably more time with their children than dads in other countries yet Swedish youth magazine KP reported that just 7% of kids say that they prefer to talk to their father when they're feeling sad. Seeing an opportunity to strengthen father-daughter bonds, o.b. created a book on development that's full of facts and tips that will help to normalize menstruation.
The period handbook for dads by o.b. is set to be shared with fathers in Sweden as of the summer and fall of 2019.
o.b. Released a Book to Help Dads Talk to Daughters About Periods
1. Father-daughter Bonding - Creating books and resources that facilitate conversations between fathers and daughters can strengthen their relationship and foster open communication.
2. Normalizing Menstruation - Developing resources that educate and inform both fathers and daughters about menstruation can help break down social taboos and reduce stigma.
3. Expanding Parental Involvement - Encouraging more fathers to actively engage in their children's lives, including discussions around sensitive topics like puberty, can contribute to a more balanced and supportive upbringing.
1. Parenting Education - The development of books, workshops, and online resources that aim to enhance communication and connection between parents and children.
2. Menstrual Health and Education - Opportunities for brands to create innovative products, services, and initiatives that promote menstrual health awareness and education for all genders.
3. Publishing - The production and distribution of books and other educational resources that bridge gaps in knowledge and promote dialogue on sensitive topics.