Although the tag line for the Prudence Staite Virgin Mobile campaign reads, 'Super Speedy Broadband,' I think it should be changed to, 'Super Cheesy Broadband.' The first one may make more sense in regards to business, but the second will quell any doubts that this billboard is in fact made out of cheese and is edible.
The company enlisted the famous food artist Prudence Staite to create this one-of-a-kind ad. She is known for her Robert Pattinson chocolate bust as well as a number of other art pieces. The Prudence Staite Virgin Mobile, however, is something else all together. According to Neatorama, it took her assistants eight days "to make this advertisement out of 10 types of British cheese."
The Prudence Staite Virgin Mobile Campaign Uses 10 Types of Cheese
1. Edible Advertising - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Explore the concept of creating edible advertisements to engage consumers in a unique and memorable way.
2. Food Art - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Combine art and food to create visually stunning and edible sculptures that can be used for various advertising campaigns.
3. Alternative Billboard Materials - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Experiment with unconventional materials, such as cheese, to create eye-catching billboards that generate buzz and intrigue.
1. Advertising and Marketing - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Incorporate edible elements into advertising strategies to captivate and surprise target audiences.
2. Food and Beverage - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Collaborate with artists and designers to create edible food sculptures that can be marketed as unique and interactive culinary experiences.
3. Outdoor Advertising - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Explore the use of non-traditional materials in outdoor advertising, such as edible billboards, to generate curiosity and create a lasting impression.