'Press Box' is a temporary installation that sits inside of the Acquario Romano, with the intention of providing a space for people to read architectural literature.
The modular structure is both lightweight and flexible, requiring only four hours for assembly. Inside of the temporary pavilion, are shelves of books and magazines which sit in contrast to the interior's mesh lining -- quite literally creating paper walls. These pieces of literature play a crucial role in the structure's design: to help raise awareness for the importance of both reading and architecture. Complete with tables, chairs and a plethora of reading material, the pavilion provides a unique place for the public to escape and enjoy a peaceful moment.
Photo Credits: designboom, set-architects
'Press Box' Offers a Space for People to Read Architecture Lit
1. Modular Structures - The rise of lightweight and flexible modular structures presents disruptive innovation opportunities for construction and temporary installations.
2. Reading Spaces - Creating unique and inviting spaces dedicated to reading provides opportunities for disruptive innovation in the hospitality and leisure industries.
3. Architecture Awareness - Promoting the importance of architecture through interactive installations and educational initiatives can lead to disruptive innovation in the art and design sectors.
1. Construction - The construction industry can explore disruptive innovation opportunities by embracing modular structures that offer faster assembly and flexibility for various applications.
2. Hospitality - Innovative reading spaces can offer unique experiences for guests, providing disruptive opportunities in the hospitality industry to attract and engage customers.
3. Art and Design - Creating interactive installations and educational initiatives to raise awareness about architecture can drive disruptive innovation in the art and design industries, enhancing creativity and public engagement.