A European grocery store has successfully implemented Pixevia's AI Technology, making it the first of its kind to hit European grocery store markets. Some in-store technology trends like biometric checkout and scan-and-go systems have accelerated in retail popularity since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic. This cutting-edge AI system distinguishes fresh produce like fruits and vegetables and evaluates product freshness.
Pixevia eliminates the need to scan each perishable item individually and minimizes customer contacts. As it continuously monitors product freshness, the dynamic pricing algorithm alerts the store manager when a product is approaching its expiration date or showing any signs of staleness. The AI-based system successfully recognizes fruits, salads, baker goods, meat, and dairy products to ensures that consumers are sold the freshest produce.
Image Credit: Fresh Plaza
Pixevia's AI Technology Recognizes Perishable Produce
1. Ai-based Produce-recognition Technology - Grocery stores can implement AI technology to efficiently recognize and evaluate the freshness of perishable produce, minimizing customer contact and reducing wastage.
2. Dynamic Pricing Algorithms - Stores can use dynamic pricing algorithms to adjust prices based on the freshness of the produce, further reducing wastage and increasing customer satisfaction.
3. In-store Technology Trends - Biometric checkout and scan-and-go systems have accelerated in popularity since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, promoting safer and faster shopping experiences.
1. Grocery Retail - Grocery stores can implement AI-based systems to improve efficiency, reduce wastage, and increase customer satisfaction.
2. Food and Agriculture - Food producers can leverage AI technology to improve the efficiency of production and reduce wastage.
3. Retail Technology - Technology companies can capitalize on the growing trend of in-store technology, developing and implementing new solutions to improve customer experiences.