While pie on a stick is often made with a lollipop stick and a pocket pie top, the Iowa State Fair invented a pared-down version of the dessert for this year's festivities.
Rather than having a classic round pie shape sit on top of the stick, this variation features three apple slices that have been skewered on a stick and deep-fried in a batter. For an extra hit of sweetness, the crispy coating is sprinkled with what looks like cinnamon and sugar, as well as a drizzle of sauce.
Food on a stick is no longer just reserved for street and fair food. This convenient way to cook and eat is becoming a phenomenon in restaurants and frozen meals.
This Version of Pie on a Stick Involves Three Deep-Fried Apple Slices
1. Food-on-a-stick - Exploring creative ways to serve food on skewers and sticks, creating unique and convenient eating experiences.
2. Deep-fried Delights - Innovating new deep-fried treats for fairs, festivals, and restaurants, capturing consumers' love for indulgent, crispy foods.
3. Convenience Cuisine - Developing frozen food options that offer the convenience of food-on-a-stick, allowing consumers to enjoy hassle-free meals.
1. Food and Beverage - Opportunity for restaurants, food trucks, and manufacturers to create innovative food-on-a-stick menu items and products.
2. Fair and Festival Food - Creating and selling deep-fried and unique food-on-a-stick delicacies to cater to the demand for appetizing and indulgent fair and festival food.
3. Frozen Food - Introducing frozen food-on-a-stick options to provide convenient and quick meals for consumers seeking hassle-free dining experiences.