adidas Originals partnered with professional skateboarder Atiba Jefferson for an immersive photographic exhibit that experiments with light exposure and composition in portraits. Called 'Heart-Shaped Box,' the artistic event consists of large-scale lightboxes. Atiba Jefferson's subjects vary from famous faces like "the iconic portraits of Pharrell Williams [and] the late Dylan Rieder," Iggy Pop and Death Grips' Stefan Burnett to dynamic skateboard and urban landscape shots. The photographic exhibit also features a piece of Atiba's collaboration with digital artist Mike Campau.
The lightboxes are laid out in the HVW8 Gallery in Los Angeles, California. For full effect, the exhibition space boasts a darkly lit atmosphere that is broken by the luminosity of the cubes. The Heart-Shaped Box photographic exhibit is a testimonial not only to good craftsmanship but also a glimpse into Jefferson's preferred mode of shooting.
Atiba Jefferson's Photographic Exhibit is in Partnership with adidas
1. Immersive Exhibits - Opportunity for businesses to create immersive exhibits that engage visitors through creative use of light exposure and composition.
2. Collaborative Art Projects - Opportunity for businesses to collaborate with artists and digital creators to produce unique and innovative art installations.
3. Darkly Lit Atmospheres - Opportunity for businesses to design spaces with darkly lit atmospheres to enhance the visual impact and focus on specific objects or installations.
1. Art Galleries - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Embrace immersive exhibits and collaborate with artists to attract a wider audience.
2. Photography Equipment Manufacturers - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop lightboxes or innovative lighting solutions that allow for creative exploration and experimentation in photography.
3. Event Planning and Design - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create unique event experiences by incorporating darkly lit atmospheres and engaging art installations.