PERCH for Kate Spade is an interactive retail display that takes advantage of people's innate sense of play. The display uses a projector that reacts to consumer's hand movements, allowing them to manipulate the exhibit while simultaneous interacting with the products themselves.
Featuring the sights and sounds of Rio de Janeiro, PERCH for Kate Spade is full of cute cartoon toucans (the same design that graces Kate Spade's merchandise.) There are four different products placed on the display, and picking up each of these engenders a different tropical interaction with the projected images. Interactions include a travel-based Instagram feed that users can scroll through, suggestions for how shoppers should treat themselves (also scrollable), and a treasure hunt in which the user swipes their hand across the projected sand to reveal other Kate Spade products.
PERCH for Kate Spade Has Consumers Interact with Products
1. Interactive Retail Displays - The use of interactive displays in retail can create a more immersive and engaging shopping experience.
2. Gesture-based Technology - The integration of gesture-based technology in interactive displays can provide a more intuitive and seamless user experience.
3. Personalized Product Recommendations - Interactive displays that offer personalized product recommendations based on user interactions can increase the likelihood of purchase and foster customer loyalty.
1. Retail - The retail industry can use interactive displays to differentiate themselves from competitors and provide a more compelling shopping experience for customers.
2. Technology - The integration of gesture-based technology in interactive displays creates opportunities for technology companies to develop new and innovative retail solutions.
3. Marketing - Interactive displays with personalized product recommendations create new marketing opportunities for companies to build deeper relationships with customers.