The latest Pepsi campaign will feature genre-defining artists like Ray Charles, Britney Spears and Michael Jackson on soda cans. The initative is similar to one run by the beverage company earlier this year — Pepsi showed consumers the way its soda cans appeared in the year they were born. Additionally, the brand gave individuals the chance to customize their own beverage packaging.
With this Pepsi campaign, the company is still tapping into nostalgia to pay homage to its "greatest pop culture moments throughout the years." The limited-edition pop cans will be joined with #PepsiGeneration to promote social media sharing.
The company plans to go full-in this summer "with incredible music partnerships, performances, integrations and brand new music and summer-themed Pepsi Stuff."
The 2018 Pepsi Campaign Features Famous Icons
1. Pop Culture-celebrating Soda Campaigns - The trend of celebrating cultural icons on soda cans provides opportunities for brands to engage consumers through nostalgia and personalization.
2. Limited-edition Packaging Personalization - Customizable soda cans and limited-edition packaging are a trend that allows brands to engage with consumers in a unique way.
3. Brand-partnerships and Integrations - Collaborating with music artists or other brands can enhance brand image and reach a wider audience.
1. Beverage Industry - Beverage companies can take advantage of the trend of personalization in packaging to engage with consumers and create a strong brand identity.
2. Advertising Industry - The trend of brand and music partnerships provides an opportunity for advertising agencies to create unique and memorable campaigns for clients.
3. Music Industry - Partnering with beverage brands can provide new revenue streams for music artists and expose them to wider audiences.