The Parque de Pedras Salgadas Eco-Resort has marvelous modern comforts inside yet it manages to exude a romantic rustic aesthetic that lets it blend beautifully into its forested site. The lodgings consist of seven individual cottages in the woodsy Portuguese landscape, attempting from the exterior to show respect to their surroundings.
Soft ashen gray cladding covers every visible surface of the dwellings from the roofs to the edges of the floating foundations. The subdued color and the homogenous treatment to the minimalist pitched buildings express a reluctance to compete with the grandeur of the enormous trees. However, they discernibly exude a grace that communicates a quiet confidence about the handsomeness of their design. Diogo Aguiar and Luis Rebelo de Andrade's winsome Eco-Resort becomes one with the woodland.
This Eco-Resort is Disguised in Roofing to Sink into its Setting
1. Eco-friendly Architecture - Opportunity to design innovative buildings that respect and blend with their natural surroundings.
2. Modern Rustic Aesthetic - Opportunity to create stylish and functional spaces that evoke a sense of nature.
3. Soft Cladding - Opportunity to experiment with new materials that are both visually appealing and sustainable.
1. Hospitality - Opportunity to attract guests who value eco-friendliness and a connection to nature.
2. Architecture and Design - Opportunity to create sustainable and visually appealing buildings that respect their surroundings.
3. Green Building Materials - Opportunity to develop new materials that prioritize sustainability and aesthetics.