Student Alyssa Phillips did a complete packaging redesign of M&M candies as a school assignment. Changing the name simply to M's, her packaging features a resealable tear strip so that you don't have to eat all your candy in one sitting -- my thighs thank you Alyssa.
While Phillips's packaging redesign is no doubt more appealing and arguably more environmentally friendly, one has to ask how cost effective this new packaging would be versus the brand's current packaging?
If the iPhone has shown us anything it is that design can go along way in creating a bond between consumer and product. However, it begs the question, how much could such a packaging redesign enhance our enjoyment of a simple hard shell chocolate candy? What we do know is that Alyssa Phillips has done a remarkable job. To view her portfolio click here.
Alyssa Phillips Does a Complete Packaging Redesign for M&Ms
1. Minimalist Packaging Design - Exploring minimalist packaging design opportunities for food products, such as candy, can create a visually appealing and environmentally friendly product.
2. Resealable Tear Strip - Integrating resealable tear strips in packaging designs presents an opportunity to enhance convenience and portion control for consumers.
3. Consumer-product Bond Through Design - Leveraging design to create a stronger emotional connection between consumers and products can lead to deeper brand loyalty and increased enjoyment.
1. Food Packaging - The food packaging industry can explore innovative packaging solutions that prioritize sustainability, convenience, and aesthetic appeal.
2. Confectionery - The confectionery industry can benefit from reimagining packaging designs to enhance consumer experiences and differentiate their products in the market.
3. Product Design - The field of product design can embrace the value of minimalism and functionality to create innovative packaging solutions for various consumer goods.