This social enterprise and clothing company benefits homeless people by offering employment opportunities at their packaging facilities. For every item of clothing sold, they also donate a garment to a person in need. Based in Austin, Texas, Mitscoots Outfitters sells attire from hats and socks to tee shirts, tanks and mittens. They are currently running a Kickstarter campaign to crowdfund the Cause Cap. The baseball cap (along with their other goods) are made in the USA and is guaranteed to last five years.
To aid transitioning homeless people, Mitscoots Outfitters offers more than minimum wage to local employees, who are paid per pair of socks they package. The company's goal is to establish a network of packaging facilities across the United States, focusing in urban areas and major metropolitan centers.
Mitscoots Outfitters Pays Locals to Work in Their Packaging Facilities
1. Social Enterprise Clothing - Creating clothing companies that benefit social causes and offer employment opportunities to marginalized communities.
2. Local Employment - Developing strategies for offering employment opportunities to marginalized communities in urban areas and major metropolitan centers.
3. One-for-one Donation Model - Implementing a business model that donates an item to a person in need for every item sold to a customer.
1. Clothing Manufacturing Industry - Innovating a model of manufacturing clothing that partners with marginalized communities and offers living wages to local employees.
2. Social Entrepreneurship Industry - Developing businesses that prioritize social causes and make an impact on marginalized communities through innovative business models.
3. Nonprofit Industry - Partnering with socially responsible clothing companies to provide clothing for people in need and identify new employment opportunities for marginalized communities.