One thing we’re not likely to run short of anytime soon is discarded tires, so the more that we can do to recycle them, the better. Ottomans and stools are a creative use of this material. While some designs employ the tread pattern or the smoother interior surface in their designs, others use the tires as a base cover over the shape with cut leather embellishments.
In the U.S., some 280 million tires are discarded each year. That works out to about one tire for every person in the United States. Just over 10% are retreaded. The rest must be dealt with. According to the Scrap Tire Management Council, over 2 billion used tires are currently stockpiled. Clearly, tire ottomans won’t solve this problem, but they’re a lot of fun and a great use for some of the discards.
Repurposed Rubber Makes Posh Poufs
1. Repurposed Rubber Furniture - The trend of using discarded tires to create ottomans and stools presents an opportunity for companies to tap into the sustainable furniture market.
2. Recycling Tires for Home Decor - The trend of repurposing tires into stylish furniture pieces opens up opportunities for companies to offer eco-friendly and unique home decor options.
3. Creative Use of Discarded Tires - The trend of incorporating tires in furniture design allows for innovative and eye-catching products that appeal to environmentally conscious consumers.
1. Furniture - The furniture industry can explore using discarded tires as a sustainable and trendy material in their designs.
2. Home Decor - The home decor industry can leverage the trend of repurposing tires to create eco-friendly and visually interesting products.
3. Sustainability - The sustainability industry has an opportunity to promote and support the use of repurposed materials like discarded tires in various consumer products.