The 'Remix Maison' is an eco-friendly piece of furniture created in collaboration between Irina Floor and Native Shoes as a functional, upcycled solution for the home. The furniture piece is achieved with a metal frame, which holds a block of speckled material on the interior that's crafted using recycled EVA foam and rubber. This is sourced from Native Shoes products that are no longer suitable for wear that are cleaned and ground into the material to give the furniture piece an eco-friendly edge.
The 'Remix Maison' is designed in black and pink color options, and maintains a seemingly abstract form that is perfect for storing a range of home decor items. The unit is constructed in several different shapes to convey an artistic expression.
The 'Remix Maison' Makes Use of Discarded Footwear
1. Upcycled Furniture - The trend of using discarded materials to create unique furniture pieces presents an opportunity for innovative upcycling businesses.
2. Circular Economy - The circular economy trend, which promotes recycling and repurposing, offers innovative business opportunities in the furniture industry that prioritize sustainability.
3. Eco-friendly Design - The trend of eco-friendly design inspires innovative ideas for furniture makers, and presents an opportunity to appeal to environmentally conscious consumers.
1. Footwear Industry - The footwear industry can explore innovative ways to extend the life of their products, such as partnering with furniture companies to repurpose discarded shoes.
2. Furniture Industry - For the furniture industry, the trend of upcycling provides an opportunity to create unique furniture pieces while reducing waste.
3. Interior Design Industry - The interior design industry can capitalize on the trend of eco-friendly furniture by offering sustainable furniture options to environmentally-conscious consumers.