With a new ad service Hulu is calling an "in-stream purchase unit," the online video service is making it extremely hard not to order a pizza during a commercial break.
During a commercial, Hulu customers will be able to order and arrange for a pizza pickup or delivery of directly from the commercial page, without any interruptions to the video. Choosing to have pizza delivered is basically a couch potato's dream, since there's barely a need to lift a finger and the pizza will come to you.
The in-stream Hulu ads will be implemented later this year in partnership with Pizza Hut. As well as providing convenience to consumers, the ad system speaks directly to its target audience of hungry movie and TV-watchers.
Hulu Will Soon Let You Order Pizza on One of Its Commercial Ads
1. In-stream Purchase Ads - Developing a system that allows customers to order and purchase products/services directly from an ad stream during commercial breaks.
2. Seamless Ordering and Delivery - Providing customers with an experience where they can seamlessly and effortlessly order and receive products/services directly from an ad stream.
3. Targeted Advertising - Using personalized advertising that speaks directly to the target audience, giving them convenience and tailored offerings for their individual needs and preferences.
1. Online Food Delivery - Creating partnerships with media providers to streamline the food ordering and delivery experience for customers and generate new sales channels for restaurants.
2. Digital Advertising - Development of new innovative ad services for entertainment providers to increase consumer engagement and drive business revenue while providing convenience and capabilities that modern consumers expect.
3. Media and Entertainment - Partnering with food delivery companies to offer customizable and seamless ad experiences to viewers throughout commercial breaks.