The integration of OLED Panels and a 3D knitting technique within this lighting system is what makes Rich Brilliant Willing's wavy installation a remarkable token of experimental design. Launched in accordance with New York Design Week, 'Light Infection' boasts thin strips of aluminum sheets that are wrapped in 3D-knitted textiles. OLED panels are selected as the luminosity-provider in the light fixture due to the material's flexibility, delicacy and lightweight structure. The abbreviation stands for 'Organic Light-Emitting Diode' and the panels are known to produce a highly diffused light without the need for additional components.
The OLED Panels and 3D knitting technique in Rich Brilliant Willing's light designs are definitely the reason for this installation's futuristic look.
Photo Credits: Federica Carlet
Rich Brilliant Willing Uses 3D Knitting and OLED Panels
1. OLED Panel Lighting - The integration of OLED panels in lighting design presents innovation opportunities for light fixtures that are highly diffused with a delicate and lightweight structure.
2. 3D Knitting Technique - The utilization of 3D knitting technique in lighting design presents opportunities in making futuristic light fixtures and experimental designs.
3. Flexible Lighting Materials - The use of flexible and lightweight materials such as OLED panels and 3D-knitted textiles for lighting design presents innovation opportunities for dynamic and organic-looking light fixtures.
1. Lighting Industry - The integration of OLED panels and 3D knitting techniques in lighting design creates opportunities for companies to create innovative designs and products that cater to the modern taste of consumers.
2. Textile Industry - The synergy between lighting design and textile industry in utilizing 3D-knitted textiles for lighting structures creates opportunities for vibrant, organic, and dynamic designs.
3. Electronics Industry - The use of OLED panels in lighting design presents innovation opportunities for companies in the electronics industry to create new products that cater to the demand for diffused, flexible, and organic-looking lighting fixtures.