This Old Navy ad celebrates the brand's 20th anniversary with a Selfiebration. In order to make use of the Selfiebration Machine, Old Navy is encouraging people on social media to snap a selfie and make a wish, making sure to include the #Selfiebration tag in a tweet.
From there, the Selfiebration Machine gets to work, turning a photo of your face into a piece of balloon art on a 15' tall wall. While the campaign is running throughout the month of October, the machines will be set up in places like Times Square in NYC and Los Angeles' Hollywood & Highland Center so that there will be thousands of eyes on the inflated balloon portraits. Since there will be tons of selfies contributed to the project, the impressive machine will cycle through different photos at a rate of 30 seconds, meaning you'll have only about 10 seconds to capture a picture of your selfie recreated in balloons with the Selfiebration Machine.
This Old Navy Ad Turns Your Selfies into Balloon Art
1. Selfiebration Marketing - Opportunity for brands to engage with customers by incorporating user-generated selfies into interactive campaigns.
2. Balloon Art Experiences - Emerging trend of using technology and art to create unique and immersive experiences for consumers.
3. Real-time Visual Transformations - Growing demand for interactive installations that can transform digital images into real-time visual representations.
1. Advertising and Marketing - Disruptive innovation opportunity for marketers to leverage user-generated content and interactive technology for engaging campaigns.
2. Event Planning and Entertainment - Innovative opportunity for event planners to offer immersive experiences through interactive balloon art installations.
3. Digital Imaging and Augmented Reality - Opportunity for technology companies to develop advanced solutions that combine digital imaging, augmented reality, and real-time transformations.