Taking completely trashed cars, artist Felipe Carrelli turns them around by making them part of is old car art series that livens up the streets around urban neighborhoods.
Upcycling abandoned vehicles and turning them into sculptural works of art helps to salvage some of the scrap metal that would otherwise be filling up junkyards. Giving the cars a coat of bright, graffiti-styled graphics makes them cheerful street landmarks that add creative joyousness to the area. The abandoned cars get filled with plants and flowers, inviting nature to reclaim the environmentally harmful soul of the automobile.
Felipe Carrelli's old car art series is such a renowned success that local residents want to take part in the project, contributing to the decoration of the salvaged vehicle installations.
Felipe Carrelli Uses Old Car Art to Enhance Urban Neighborhoods
1. Upcycling Abandoned Vehicles - Upcycling abandoned vehicles and turning them into sculptural works of art provides a creative and eco-friendly solution to reduce waste and enhance urban neighborhoods.
2. Graffiti-inspired Public Art - Coating abandoned cars with bright, graffiti-styled graphics creates cheerful street landmarks that add a touch of creative joyousness to urban areas.
3. Nature Reclaiming the Automotive Soul - Filling abandoned cars with plants and flowers invites nature to reclaim the environmentally harmful essence of automobiles.
1. Art and Sculpture - The art and sculpture industry can explore opportunities in repurposing abandoned vehicles into unique artistic installations for public spaces.
2. Urban Design and Development - The urban design and development industry can incorporate graffiti-inspired public art installations using abandoned cars to enhance the aesthetic appeal of urban neighborhoods.
3. Environmental Sustainability - The environmental sustainability industry can promote the use of upcycled vehicles as artistic expressions that symbolize the transformation of waste materials into sustainable and visually appealing features.