Kevin Costner's brother, Dan Costner, has worked with a team of scientists at Ocean Therapy Solutions to develop a machine that can extract oil pollution from water.
According to Dan Costner, the Ocean Therapy Solutions machine can process about 200,000 gallons a minute and remove up to 99 percent of the oil suspended in it. A centrifuge inside the machine helps separate oil from the water. The downside as far as the Gulf oil spill is that the oil is so dispersed, that it is impossible to filter all of the polluted water.
Ocean Therapy Solutions Can Remove Oil from Water
1. Oil-filtering Technology - The development of oil-filtering technology like the Ocean Therapy Solutions machine presents an opportunity to address environmental pollution and large-scale oil spills.
2. Advanced Separation Techniques - The use of advanced separation techniques, such as the centrifuge technology in the Ocean Therapy Solutions machine, can be applied to other industries to improve purification processes and remove impurities.
3. Eco-innovation - The creation of eco-innovations, like the Ocean Therapy Solutions machine, can lead to new sustainable solutions in various industries to promote environmental stewardship and resource conservation.
1. Oil and Gas - Oil and gas companies can explore ways to incorporate oil-filtering technology to reduce environmental risks caused by oil spills.
2. Environmental Services - Environmental services can leverage advanced separation techniques to improve their mitigation processes and reduce pollution contaminants.
3. Water Treatment - Water treatment facilities can adapt eco-innovations to their existing processes to improve the quality of drinking water, reduce wastewater, and conserve water resources.