For years, Icelandic Provisions has been working on an oat-based product and the brand is now revealing oat milk yogurts that mimic the taste and texture of skyr. The non-dairy yogurt is packed with protein and it can be found in flavors like Mixed Berries, Vanilla Bean, Raspberry, Mango Passionfruit and Cold Brew Coffee, the latter of which was created in collaboration with Icelandic coffee roaster Te & Kaffi.
Icelandic Provisions CEO Mark Alexander told VegNews, "We have always wanted to have a vegan-friendly option and one that fits the ‘flexitarian’ lifestyle, but the taste and texture had to be right. We worked tirelessly with our partners in Iceland to craft an Oatmilk Skyr using traditional skyr-making methods."
Icelandic Provisions' Oatmilk Skyr is a Dairy-Free Treat
1. Oat Milk Yogurts - Plant-based yogurt alternatives, especially those based on oat milk are a growing trend in the food industry.
2. Flexitarian Lifestyle - More and more consumers are adopting a flexitarian or plant-based lifestyle, creating opportunities for innovative dairy-free products.
3. Collaborations - Collaborations between food brands and coffee roasters can lead to new and innovative flavors of plant-based milk and yogurt products.
1. Food and Beverage Industry - The food and beverage industry is seeing a growing trend towards plant-based, dairy-free alternatives, creating opportunities for companies to innovate in this space.
2. Plant-based Dairy Industry - The plant-based dairy industry is a rapidly growing industry, with opportunities for innovation in products such as oat milk yogurts.
3. Coffee Industry - The coffee industry can explore opportunities for collaborations with dairy-free and plant-based companies, as seen with Icelandic Provisions and Te & Kaffi's Cold Brew Coffee flavored Oatmilk Skyr yogurt.