Many might argue that, motivations aside, Kevin Durant's decision to sign with the Golden State Warriors effectively ruined the competitive landscape of the NBA for at least the next two or three years, but the newest Nike KDX pattern shows that at least the basketball superstar has a sense of humor about it. The new basketball shoes are available in a new pattern inspired by red velvet cupcakes, a reference to a slight fronted against him by a former teammate.
Soon after Durant signed with the Warriors, his suddenly former teammate, now-reigning league MVP, and legendary shade-thrower Russell Westbrook tweeted a picture of cupcakes, which many took as a reference to KD being soft. The red velvet-inspired Nike KDX shoes play off of that insult, owning it now that the KD-led Warriors can safely point to their NBA Finals trophy. Thanks to the savvy move, everyone loves Durant now.
The Nike KDX Shoes Cheekily Reference Kevin Durant's Haters
1. Basketball Shoe Personalization - Personalized basketball shoes that reference players' personalities or pop culture references present a disruptive innovation opportunity for sportswear companies.
2. Humor-infused Athleisure - Adding humor and playful designs to athletic apparel creates a disruptive innovation opportunity for fashion brands targeting sports enthusiasts.
3. Social Media-inspired Fashion - Creating merchandise that references viral social media moments offers a disruptive innovation opportunity for athletic brands to connect with younger, digitally-savvy consumers.
1. Sportswear - Sportswear companies can capitalize on the trend of personalized basketball shoes by offering customization options for athletes and fans.
2. Fashion - Fashion brands can tap into the trend of humor-infused athleisure by releasing collections that combine functionality with playful designs.
3. Athletic Brands - Athletic brands can leverage the trend of social media-inspired fashion by creating merchandise that references viral moments and resonates with their target audience.