Google recently unveiled an NFC phone case that can be customized and used to interact with Nexus smartphones.
'My Live Case' lets users create a custom snap case for a Nexus 5X, 6 or 6P phone, which can be personalized with a photo or a special location on Google Maps. After uploading a photo, users are able to apply a range of artistic filters in order to further enhance their custom creation. Cases can be ordered for $35 and are compatible with Android 4.4 devices and above.
With one of these smart NFC phone cases, users also get a live wallpaper that brings the design to life on their phone. The case also allows a user's wallpaper to become a slideshow display for their own Google Photos.
Google's Customizable 'My Live Case' Designs Interact with Nexus Phones
1. NFC Phone Cases - The adoption of NFC technology in phone cases can be a disruptive innovation for mobile accessories industry.
2. Personalized Mobile Accessories - The trend of personalized mobile accessories like customizable phone cases is expected to rise and transform the mobile accessories market.
3. Smartphone Integration - The integration of smartphones with other devices, such as smart NFC phone cases, presents disruptive innovation opportunities for tech companies.
1. Mobile Accessories Industry - The rise of personalized, smart NFC phone cases presents an opportunity for established mobile accessories companies to innovate and offer unique products to customers.
2. Smartphone Industry - The adoption of NFC technology in smartphone cases has the potential to create a new market for smartphone manufacturers as customers demand more interactive and personalized options for their devices.
3. Tech Industry - The increasing trend of smartphone integration with other devices, such as smart NFC phone cases, presents tech companies with opportunities to develop innovative products and services that cater to the changing needs and preferences of consumers.