The Nestle Crunch Girl Scout candy bars hit store shelves earlier this June, and the brand has launched a quirky and fun TV ad campaign to promote it. The ads mark Nestle Crunch's first television campaign in five years and features a young Girl Scout advising a Nestle Crunch merchandiser to stand back -- right before a crowd of chocolate bar-loving customers stampede into the scene for the Nestle Crunch Girl Scout candy bars, which include three flavors: Thin Mint, Samoa and Tagalong.
The TV campaign comes on the heels of a Facebook pre-sale promotion in May that saw the Nestle Crunch Girl Scout bars sell out in 24 hours. Along with the TV spot, which the brand hopes will "build faster recognition and sales," says AdAge, Nestle will launch a Facebook coupon campaign, giving fans a chance to win a Nestle coupon that will increase in value the longer they wait to use it.
TV Spot Promotes Nestle Crunch Girl Scout Candy Bars
1. Co-branded Products - The success of the Nestle Crunch Girl Scout candy bars could inspire other companies to partner with well-loved brands, blending their customer base and creating new products.
2. Social Media Promotions - The Facebook pre-sale promotion leading up to the release of the Nestle Crunch Girl Scout candy bars highlights the importance of social media in building buzz and driving sales for new products.
3. Limited Edition Products - The limited availability of the Nestle Crunch Girl Scout candy bars, with their exclusive flavors and pre-sale promotion, demonstrate the potential for increasing demand and driving sales through creating a sense of urgency and exclusivity around a product.
1. Food and Beverage - The success of the Nestle Crunch Girl Scout candy bars highlights opportunities for collaboration and unique flavor offerings within the food and beverage industry.
2. Marketing and Advertising - The creative and effective marketing campaigns for the Nestle Crunch Girl Scout candy bars demonstrate the potential for growth and innovation within the marketing and advertising industry.
3. Social Media Technology - The use of social media promotions to build buzz and drive sales for the Nestle Crunch Girl Scout candy bars highlights the role of social media technology in revolutionizing traditional marketing and advertising strategies.