The demand for plant-based nutrition products is continuing to increase as consumers seek out ways to stay fueled in a more natural manner, which is seeing new options from brands like Nestlé Yes! snack bars coming about. The new snack bars from the brand are packed with 10 grams of plant-based protein, and are also free from artificial colors, preservatives and gluten. The snacks will come in two new flavors including Cashew, Blueberry & Dark Chocolate and Almond, Peanut & Double Dark Chocolate.
Head of the Nestlé Confectionery Product Technology Centre in York Louise Barrett spoke on the new Nestlé Yes! snack bars saying, "Pea protein is a key focus area for us because it has a high protein content and is one of the most environmentally friendly sources of plant protein. When developing these new Yes! bars, we chose pea and nut protein to really stand out from many of the other bars on the market. At the same time, we made sure that taste was our top priority, and these bars taste really amazing.”
The Nestlé Yes! Snack Bars Now Come in Protein-Packed Options
1. Increased Demand for Plant-based Nutrition - Opportunity for brands to develop more plant-based protein products to meet the growing consumer demand.
2. Focus on Natural and Healthy Snack Options - Brands can capitalize on the trend by creating snack bars that are free from artificial colors, preservatives, and gluten.
3. Environmental Sustainability in Protein Sources - Potential for brands to utilize environmentally friendly sources of plant protein like pea and nut protein for their products.
1. Food and Beverage - Industry players can innovate by introducing more plant-based protein snack bars to cater to the increasing consumer demand.
2. Health and Wellness - Opportunity for businesses to offer natural and healthy snack options for consumers looking for nutritious alternatives.
3. Sustainable Packaging - Industry players can explore eco-friendly packaging solutions to align with the environmental sustainability trend in the plant protein snack bar market.