The founder of SheNative created a company on a platform of Indigenous empowerment and appreciation of their culture.
The brand creates leather handbags that are fashionable and provide employment for Indigenous women. In Canada, Native women are more likely to be the victims of sexual violence and murder than any other group. The brand's Indigenous empowerment business model ensures that it employs Indigenous women and uses their art, traditional beadwork and cultural values to create these bags. The bags come in the form of clutches, coin purses, totes, purses and bucket bags.
This brand is able to provide stylish and sophisticated clothing items while working to help uplift the Native community in Canada.
These Bags Were Designed to Uplift Native Peoples in Canada
1. Indigenous Empowerment Fashion - Using fashion to empower indigenous communities and celebrate their culture.
2. Ethical Employment Opportunities - Providing fair employment opportunities to marginalized groups.
3. Sustainable Artisan Products - Creating sustainable products that incorporate traditional artisan skills.
1. Fashion - Incorporating ethical design practices and supporting marginalized communities in the fashion industry.
2. Social Enterprise - Expanding the use of social enterprise business models to create positive social and environmental change.
3. Sustainable Development - Creating sustainable development opportunities for marginalized indigenous communities through commerce.