Hasbro announced several new additions to its FurReal Friends line at the New York Toy Fair, including a broccoli-eating dinosaur called Munchin' Rex.
Munchin' Rex is a baby dinosaur that seeks attention by hopping when it is hungry. To satisfy the dinosaur toy's hunger, kids are able to feed Munchin' Rex either a plastic piece of broccoli or a caveman cookie, both of which will trigger fun responses from the plaything—sometimes, the dinosaur toy will make spitting, slurping or burping sounds, depending on its mood.
In keeping with the theme of the FurReal Friends toy line, the new dinosaur toy from Hasbro boasts the ability to respond to both sound and touch.
Image Credit: Hasbro
Hasbro's FurReal Munchin' Rex Eats Plastic Broccoli and Cookie Toys
1. Interactive Toy Pets - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in creating realistic and responsive pet toys that engage children.
2. Food-responsive Toys - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in creating toys that respond to different types of food, bringing interactive play to a new level.
3. Emotional-responsive Toys - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in developing toys that have reactive behaviors based on their mood, enhancing the play experience.
1. Toy Manufacturing - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in the development of advanced technology and features for interactive toys.
2. Food and Snack Industry - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in creating specialized food products that interact with toys, catering to a niche market.
3. Technology and Robotics - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in the integration of advanced sensors and artificial intelligence to create more interactive and lifelike toys.