At CES this year, Microsoft and Intel unveiled their digital billboard prototype, which uses facial recognition to memorize your face and customize ads for you. Yes, just like in the movie Minority Report. It is part amazing and part creepy.
Currently they are working on the security of personal information sharing before they hit the streets, but the technology is in place to make movie magic become reality.
Implications - The featured video is made by Intel to prove that its prototype is real and working. You can actually scroll through the billboard and choose an ad that you like the best. The digital sign also lets you browse through items in a store and even send coupons to your cell phone.
Digital Billboards by Microsoft and Intel at CES 2011
1. Facial Recognition Billboards - Facial recognition technology integrated into digital billboards for personalized ads.
2. Interactive Advertising - Digital billboards that allow customers to scroll and choose personalized ads.
3. Privacy Concerns in Advertising - Increased scrutiny and development of secure technology for personalized advertising.
1. Advertising - Opportunities to develop and implement innovative digital advertising strategies.
2. Technology - Innovations in facial recognition and interactive digital displays.
3. Security - Development of secure technologies to protect personal information used in personalized advertising.