The battle between different colored M&Ms continues in this new M&M's commercial with the female brown candy setting up the anxious red candy.
This is the latest in a series of M&M's commercials that personify the chocolate candies and give different personalities to different colors. The commercial starts with the brown M&M talking to her friend at a cocktail party. Before she leaves, the friend tells the brown M&M to watch out for Kristen because she can't control herself around chocolate and will "devour" the brown M&M. By the end of the commercial, Kristen is pulling the red M&M out of the party as he thanks the brown M&M for introducing them.
The ad does a good job of personifying the chocolates in different ways, which actually implies a certain relationship between the two colors.
In this M&M's Commercial the Brown M&M Sets Up the Red M&M
1. Personification Advertising - Personifying products/brands in advertising to give them a personality and unique qualities.
2. Color Differentiation Marketing - Giving different colors or variations of a product a distinct personality and marketing them accordingly.
3. Humor Marketing - Using humor as a marketing tool to attract consumers and promote products.
1. Confectionery - Using creative marketing campaigns to advertise and differentiate candy brands.
2. Beverage - Introducing new flavors with unique personalities and advertising them with humor.
3. Fast Food - Creating funny and entertaining commercials to promote fast food products and differentiate them from competitors.