For the first time in a decade, the candy brand M&M's is expanding its crew of spokescandy to include a new character: Purple.
Purple's very first appearance will come in a music video for a song called 'I’m Just Gonna Be Me.' The song and video are meant to celebrate all voices and encourage people to embrace the most unique parts of themselves. For every stream of Purple’s new song, M&M’S has pledged to donate $1 (up to $500k) to Sing for Hope, which is a nonprofit organization that harnesses the power of the arts to do good.
The announcement of the new character and the promotional video come on the heels of a major refresh, which saw all the M&M’S characters receive updated looks and personalities in January of 2022.
Image Credit: M&M's
M&mMs Has Added Its First New Character in a Decade: Purple
1. Expanding Spokes-characters - Brands can explore adding new characters to their brand messaging to keep it fresh and relevant.
2. Social Cause Integration - Integrating social causes into brand promotions and messaging helps create a positive impact in the community.
3. Brand Refresh - Refreshing brand messaging and visual identity keeps a brand relevant and attractive to new audiences.
1. Food and Beverage - The food and beverage industry can explore similar brand refreshes to attract new consumers.
2. Entertainment - The entertainment industry can incorporate social causes into their multimedia platforms, while pairing with relevant brand leadership for positive impact
3. Non-profit - Non-profit industries can collaborate with brands to generate more funds for good causes while raising additional awareness.