Japanese apparel brand 10YC is introducing the 10YC Tee on Kickstarter as a minimalist t-shirt that is so thoughtfully and durably designed, it has the potential to last the wearer a decade.
Two of 10YC's founders previously worked at a major Japanese apparel company and as Shota Shimoda describes, "As a human being who was manufacturing products, it was an exact feeling of manufacturing trash." 10YC is out to change this by putting the focus of its apparel on two main qualities: toughness and comfort. The minimalist t-shirt is offered in only black and white, without logos, pockets or extraneous details.
The unique 10YC Tee boasts a unique two-layer structure that combines a comfortable interior with an outer fabric that's thick yet soft, durable, resilient and won't pill over time.
The 10YC Tee is Durable Enough to Last a Decade
1. Durable Minimalist Apparel - Designing minimalist apparel with durable materials can lead to long-lasting products and reduced waste.
2. Two-layer Fabric Design - Innovative fabric designs, like 10YC's two-layer fabric design, can offer both comfort and durability in apparel.
3. Kickstarter for Apparel - Kickstarter campaigns can provide startups in the apparel industry with the funds and exposure needed to launch disruptive products.
1. Apparel Manufacturing - Apparel manufacturers can explore innovative fabric designs and materials to create long-lasting and sustainable products.
2. E-commerce - E-commerce platforms can provide a space for startups, like 10YC, to gain exposure and sell their innovative and sustainable products.
3. Sustainability - Sustainable apparel is increasingly in demand, and companies can capitalize on this by exploring new materials and production methods, like 10YC's durable minimalist t-shirt.