The third season of Stranger Things is currently in production and to hold fans over until then, Schwinn created a limited-edition bicycle called Mike's Bike that pays tribute to the retro design that the main character rides.
Just 500 bicycles will be made available to fans, packaged in special-edition, retro-themed collectible Stranger Things box. Along with high-rise ape bars, a front light and bell, the $379 bike also includes subtle details like the logo of the Netflix-exclusive series on the chainguard.
To promote the old-school feel of the bike, Schwinn created an 80s-style commercial that references the sci-fi TV series, noting that the bike will "turn your bicycle collection upside-down." Additionally, Mike's Bike may only be purchased by picking up a phone and calling 1-800-SCHWINN.
Schwinn Created the Limited-Edition Mike's Bike Inspired by Stranger Things
1. Limited-edition Collectibles - Creating limited-edition items that cater to fandoms can create a sense of exclusivity and drive customer engagement and sales.
2. Retro Design Revival - Bringing back retro designs can tap into nostalgia and attract customers looking for unique and vintage-inspired products.
3. Cross-promotion with Pop Culture - Partnering with popular TV series or movies to create themed products can capitalize on fan enthusiasm and generate buzz for brands.
1. Film and Entertainment - Collaborating with TV series or movies for product tie-ins can create new revenue streams and expand brand recognition.
2. Cycling and Sports Equipment - Creating limited-edition bikes with nostalgic designs can attract cycling enthusiasts who appreciate unique and retro-inspired gear.
3. E-commerce and Direct Sales - Combining traditional sales methods, like phone orders, with online sales can provide a seamless customer experience and add a personal touch to the purchasing process.