These bird-brained thoughts are brought to you by Mike Immerman Today’s Pigeon photography in collaboration with Allison Bagg. The photos feature average city scenes such as street corners and sidewalks with pigeons displayed as the prominent subject of each image. What makes these pictures better than average photos of the city-dwelling birds are the thoughts of each bird printed on top of the images.
The words seem to be scrawled on by hand and expose the inner-workings of the average city pigeon’s mind. Such deep thoughts as “Wait! What was I doing again?” and “Am I a pigeon?” demonstrate that these birds are just like people.
The Mike Immerman Today’s Pigeon photography bring us that much closer to our animal friends.
Mike Immerman Today’s Pigeon Explores Fowl Minds
1. Animal Mindfulness - Capturing and exploring the inner thoughts and emotions of animals through art.
2. Public Art Integration - Incorporating thought-provoking messages or elements into everyday city scenes through photography or other mediums.
3. Human-animal Connection - Highlighting the similarities and shared experiences between humans and animals in artistic expression.
1. Photography - Opportunity for photographers to create unique and captivating images that engage viewers with the inner lives of animals.
2. Street Art - Street artists can use this concept to create public art installations that make people pause and relate to the urban wildlife around them.
3. Animal Welfare - Using art as a means of creating empathy and fostering a deeper understanding of the emotional lives of animals, potentially leading to positive changes in animal welfare practices.