California-born illustrator Mike Bertino clearly has an active imagination. His body of work consists entirely of busy, boisterous, technicolor pieces that look as though they could have been drug-induced.
Regardless, Mike Bertino exercises a skillful hand in his work. The intricacy behind Mike Bertino's trippy art is astounding. Such business could only be pulled off by someone who is well-versed in layout design and exercising his imagination.
Implications - Trippy artwork appeals to those who appreciate fantasy and outside-the-box thinking. The rise of technology and CGI has opened up infinite possibilities for color combinations and fantastical imagery that is new and different. Additionally, the growing fascination with the acid-loving, flower power generation has inspired not just art, but fashion and pop culture.
The Trippy Technicolor Illustrations of Mike Bertino
1. Fantastical Artwork - There is an increasing appreciation for visually appealing, trippy and colorful artwork, which presents opportunities for artists to showcase their unconventional skills and collaborate with other industries.
2. Digital Art Experience - The rise of technology and CGI has opened up opportunities for the creation of digitally enhanced art experiences for viewers that go beyond traditional mediums and create new immersive worlds.
3. Nostalgia-inspired Art - Growing fascination with the acid-loving, flower power generation has inspired a new wave of art, fashion, and pop culture, presenting opportunities for artists to tap into this market and collaborate with related industries.
1. Art - As consumers develop an appreciation for offbeat and unconventional artwork, artists and art dealers can look to create and showcase unique pieces to attract this growing audience.
2. Fashion - The rise of nostalgia-inspired art has paved the way for fashion designers to explore psychedelic and retro styles, opening up opportunities for collaboration between art and fashion industries to create unique, themed collections.
3. Entertainment - There is a growing demand for immersive and visually-stimulating experiences both in-person and online which presents opportunities for entertainment companies to collaborate with artists to offer unique and immersive experiences.