Michaella Janse van Vuuren's Chrysanthemum Centerpiece is a gorgeousâ€”if pricklyâ€”piece of interior decor. The centerpiece can be reversed to function either as a bowl or a dramatic candle holder.
Michaella Janse van Vuuren's Chrysanthemum Centerpiece was voted the most beautiful object at Design Indaba in South Africa. Click through the gallery above to take a closer look at the sculptureâ€”I think you'll agree with that decision.
Implications - Home decor is a lucrative market for any business looking to gain attention from consumers. Infusing traditional products with a contemporary twist is a great way to appeal to buyers who want to stand out with their purchases. Companies should consider how to infuse familiar items with a sense of newness to sell their products.
Michaella Janse van Vuuren's Chrysanthemum Centerpiece
1. Prickly Floral Decor - Creating interior decor using unconventional textures and materials, like prickly florals, is a trend that could disrupt the home decor industry.
2. Reversible Centerpieces - Designing multi-functional interior decor, like reversible centerpieces, is a trend that could shake up the home decor industry and provide consumers with greater value for their purchases.
3. Contemporary Twists on Traditional Products - Injecting a fresh twist on familiar products is a trend that could boost a company's appeal to consumers by tapping into their desire for novelty and uniqueness.
1. Home Decor - The home decor industry has room for disruptive innovation through the use of unconventional materials, multi-functionality, and fresh twists on traditional products.
2. Floral Arrangements - The floral arrangement industry could benefit from creating unique and attention-grabbing pieces that incorporate unconventional textures, like prickly florals.
3. Candle Making - The candle making industry has potential for innovation by incorporating multi-functionality into their products, like creating candle holders that can also function as centerpieces or bowls.