Modern day hipsters are an easy group of humans to make fun of, as evidenced by The Hipster Alphabet created by web designer Michael Mahaffey. The chart uses each letter of the alphabet to define different elements of hipster culture, using both illustrations and sarcastic comments.
From A for aviators ("No, it's not sunny. Yes I do need to wear them. What exactly am I looking at?") to Z for zeitgeist and everything in between, the project was made to make fun of hipsters and so Michael Mahaffey could gain a better understanding of HTML and CSS. The chart makes all kinds of references, such as fashion choices (bowties, graphic tees, jorts, scarfs), beverages (espresso, homebrew, kombucha and whiskey) and music preferences (vinyl and The XX).
The Sarcastic Culture-Targetting Chart was Created by Michael Mahaffey
1. Sarcastic Culture-targeting Charts - Creating humorous and satirical charts targeting specific cultures and subcultures.
2. Hipster Culture Parodies - Developing parodic content and products that mock and satirize hipster culture.
3. Illustrated Alphabetical Definitions - Designing visual representations and definitions of various concepts using letters of the alphabet.
1. Graphic Design - Exploring innovative graphic design techniques and strategies to create humorous and culturally relevant content.
2. E-commerce - Identifying opportunities to sell merchandise and products related to satirical culture-targeting charts.
3. Fashion - Incorporating hipster parody elements into fashion products and accessories, catering to a niche market of ironic and self-aware consumers.