While the month of December is often recognized as one of the most magical times of the year, it can be less-than-thrilling for those who were born around Christmastime—in recognition of this, telecom brand Three is running a festive campaign called 'Merry Birthday.'
Since people who were born during the month of December tend to have their birthday celebrations lumped together with Christmas, this campaign attempts to prevent birthday celebrations from being overshadowed by other occasions. Aside from Three encouraging people to wish friends a "Merry Birthday," they are able to nominate friends who were born in December for 'Best Birthday Ever' prizes.
In addition to offering up special prizes to make December babies feel extra special, Three partnered with baker Edd Kimber to create a recipe for a 'Merry Birthday Pudding' that's been shared on the brand's YouTube account.
Three's 'Merry Birthday' Shines a Spotlight on December Babies
1. Birthdays as an Individual Occasion - There is an opportunity for brands to offer personalized birthday events, even if it occurs during a crowded event period such as Christmas
2. Inclusive Celebrations - There is opportunity for brands to create new offerings around more inclusive celebrations that cater to under-served segments, such as December birthdays.
3. Brand Partnerships - There is opportunity for brands to create promotional partnerships and offer bespoke products and services, such as Three's partnership with Edd Kimber to create a Merry Birthday Pudding recipe.
1. Telecommunications - Telecom brands can provide augmented services to customers with offers such as Merry Birthday
2. Catering/bakery - Catering or bakery firms can provide bespoke puddings or cakes that cater to customers with December birthdays
3. Entertainment - Entertainment venues can curate a ‘birthday box’ for those who are December-month born, or offer personalized, inclusive parties in the holiday season