Maynards Canada has created an innovative social media campaign to reward their most loyal followers -- the brand has launched a contest where fans have the opportunity to have their face made into candy.
Maynards Canada is running the contest through their Facebook page. To enter, fans need to simply like the page and upload a pic of themselves that they can then edit and submit to the contest. The winner will be drawn at random and will receive a whopping $5,000 prize in addition to a year's supply of candy. What an excellent campaign by Maynards Canada.
Implications - Consumers are overwhelmed with options when it comes to products and services in pretty much every category. In order to differentiate a product from all competitors, companies must implement an element of customization that is exclusive to each individual. This separates companies that see consumers from companies that see individuals.
Maynards Canada Puts Fan Faces On Candy
1. Customized Consumer Experiences - Companies must implement a element of customization exclusive to each individual to stand out in crowded markets.
2. Social Media Contests - Brands can engage and reward their loyal followers by running innovative social media contests.
3. Personalized Product Packaging - Giving consumers the opportunity to have their face or personal image on products creates a unique and memorable experience.
1. Food and Beverage - Food and beverage companies can differentiate their products by offering customization and personalization options.
2. Social Media Marketing - Brands can leverage social media platforms to run engaging contests and connect with their target audience.
3. Packaging and Design - Companies specializing in packaging can offer customization options for product packaging to create a personalized touch.