The Maybelline X Shayla cosmetics collection is Maybelline's first ever influencer-created cosmetics collection.
While the brand is familiar with bringing social media ambassadors on board, in its 100-year-old history Maybelline has never tapped a social media personality to create a full cosmetics collection. In a move to promote inclusivity, the lucky influencer for this collaboration is slatted to be Shayla Mitchell of 'MakeupShayla.'
Not all of the products in this line have been released yet, but fans correctly guessed the existence of the City Mini x Shayla shadow palette. The colors in this eyeshadow palette consist of shimmery neutrals with deep pink and mauve undertones. Fans will have to wait until the release of the rest of the collection for now, but the interest already generated around the Maybelline X Shayla collection suggests it will be a hit.
'Maybelline X Shayla' Aims to Make Mainstream Makeup More Inclusive
1. Influencer-created Cosmetics Collections - Brands can tap into the power of social media influencers to create exclusive cosmetics collections, promoting inclusivity and reaching a wider audience.
2. Promoting Inclusivity in Makeup - Makeup brands can strive to create makeup lines that are more inclusive, offering a wide range of shades and products to cater to diverse consumers.
3. Fan Anticipation and Engagement - Building anticipation and engaging with fans through teaser campaigns and product reveals can create a buzz around a cosmetics collection, leading to increased interest and sales.
1. Cosmetics Industry - The cosmetics industry can explore collaborations with social media influencers to create innovative and inclusive product lines, appealing to a broader customer base.
2. Social Media Marketing - Social media platforms provide a powerful marketing tool for cosmetics brands to leverage the influence of online personalities and connect with their target audience.
3. Beauty Retail - Beauty retailers can capitalize on the buzz generated by influencer-created cosmetics collections by stocking and promoting these exclusive products, attracting customers and boosting sales.